Apprentice Website Developer
27 Feb 2018
We’re on the hunt for an Apprentice Website Developer.
Bubble Design & Marketing are one of the areas leading design and marketing agencies, specialising in Web Design, Packaging Design, Brand Identity, Catalogue Production, POS, Commercial Photography and Advertising. We work across a range of market sectors and have built up some amazing clients.
Over the past 18 years we have been extremely successful in training, mentoring and recruiting members of our team through the apprenticeship scheme, our most recent apprentice Jess finished the scheme with flying colours and quickly progressed onto her NVQ level 3, again passing with flying colours, Jess is now a fully fledged member of our creative team.
Because of our previous success we’ve had with the apprentiship scheme were on the hunt for a new candidate to join our web development team.
The successful candidate will be utilising the very latest technology and be involved in the complete lifecycle of projects. You will work with our design and development team to build and maintain a variety of mobile-first websites using the WordPress or Magento CMS, you should have a passion for the industry and a strong desire to grow and develop your skills. The position requires an individual that will not shy away from contributing new ideas and opinions who works well within a strong team of thinkers, designers and developers. The successful candidate will have an ability to meet deadlines and be good at problem solving with a strong eye for detail whilst having a portfolio that’s brimming with ideas and creative flair.
Good Knowledge of:
- Some experience working with WordPress CMS or the desire to quickly learn them
- Experience using HTML with email templates, such as E-shots
- Good telephone manner
- Good email etiquette
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude to problem solving
Advantage if experienced in:
- Responsive html email development
- Experience in optimising WordPress for speed
- Capable of working with designs provided in Adobe Photoshop
- Confident working on mac
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating a series of WordPress sites
- Adding products to websites using reference materials
- Assisting clients with email account problems
- Ensuring our websites comply with the latest best practices specified by Google
- Proactively suggesting improvements to client websites
- Testing new development work thoroughly
- Potentially managing website hosting settings and backups
- A an eye for detail, be able to use your own initiative and take pride in your work.
- Enthusiastic with great problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A desire to learn new technologies, and keep up to date with the industry.
- A strong team mentality but also work well independently.
- Most importantly, you’ll need to be willing to listen and push yourself.
What can we give you:
- The chance to grow in a great environment, a team that you’ll enjoy working with and projects that will test your skills and provide you with an opportunity to learn new skills
- Never ending supply of teas, coffee, water, flavoured teas and bucket loads of fruit or biscuits (what ever takes your fancy)
- A superb, air conditioned working environment with the very latest industry hardware and software
- Enrollment into our company pension scheme
- One hell of a Christmas party 🙂